Wednesday, March 5, 2008

January 25, 2008: The River Trip

Right when we got back from our trek, I showered in a freezing shower at the Ecotourism Agency building, and we got into another minibus to take a 6 something hour drive to Nong Khiaw, a tiny town by the Nam Ou river, surrounded by huge cliffs covered in rain forests. That whole region along the Nam Ou is breath thieving. That's right, breath THIEVING!! BREATH YOINKING!! BREATH CAPTURING!! BREATH KIDNAPPING!!! aka BREATHNAPPING!!

I got incredibly car sick on the windy, bumpy, terribly terrible long way east to Nong Khiaw. The poor driver had to stop several times so that I could lay on the ground and de-arrest my arrested muscles of misery. Let me tell you to those who don't suffer from motion sickness -- it's the worst thing that a perfectly healthy person shouldn't suffer through. I've read that people with a keen sense of balance are more susceptible..... that says a lot about my inner ear, folks.



Photos and copyright by Jeremy Hohengarten 2008
For editorial use only.

No comments: